Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Sum should I insure a painting "Vase Of Mixed marguerites"

Customer Question

For what sum should I insure a painting "Vase Of Mixed marguerites" by Elizabeth Rouviere
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since you have been unable to find an expert, you have been of no use to me. Would you therefore refund my £14.00 payment immediately.

Paul Sutherst

Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.
Good day Paul. My name is***** market for work by Elisabeth ROUVIERE 20th century artist has been rather unpredictable since 1989. Sotheby's , Billingshurst, West SussexUnited Kingdom, 21 May 1998 sold a still life with flowers for: £400 Christie's , New York NYUnited States, 03 Oct 2006£2,559The most recent J.J. Mathias, Baron Ribeyre, Farrando Lemoine, ParisFrance, 14 Mar 2014Had an estimate of £250 - £417and it did not sell. So honestly it is hard to put a current insurance value on the painting. You could contact Bonham'sBanbury RoadShipton-on-CherwellKidlingtonOxfordOX5 1JHTel: +44 1865 853640Fax: +44 1865***@******.*** ask for their opinion.