LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a rare Angelus Furniture CO. tallboy 6 drawer dresser i am trying to find the age o

Customer Question

I have a rare Angelus Furniture CO. tallboy 6 drawer dresser i am trying to find the age of. Top 2 drawers are split. 5 large drawers below. Carved corner colums. Top right drawer has burned in Anderson logo
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It belonged to my grandfather who lived in the Los Angeles area in the 1940's & 1950's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EDIT*** top right drawer has burned in Angelus Furn MFG CO LA CAL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also include appraised value please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITS AFTER 1:23 pm when u said i would have a response........
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am one of tbe expeets here at justanswer. And would be happy to help you. This furniture company was located in Los Angeles and sold through May Comapny department stores. it was produced in the 1940s and was part of a whole bedroom set, side tables, bed, dresser and vanity. To day the dresser sells on the secondary market for 350-425.00 it is in very good condition. I would say the best way to sell this would be through a furniture consignment store or antique store. For insurance purposes I would say insure it for 500.00 as you would have a hard time finding one in this condition with original wood and hardware. If I may be of further service please lwt me know thank you I am happy to help.