Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have 3 paintings ,2 by M M WOOD TERACOTTA & AFTERNOON SHADOWS

Customer Question

I have 3 paintings ,2 by M M WOOD TERACOTTA & AFTERNOON SHADOWS & UP THE HILL by V CHARLESWORTH all are originals and are in their original frames.Can you tell me if they have any value please.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 1 year ago.
Good day my name is ***** ***** a Certified IRS Qualified Fine Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.I need to see images of the paintings. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.How to send photos to this site go to:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0Or email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques. or to use another site such as:www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, I will sendyou the photos tomorrow. Apologies for not responding earlier.
That is fine, I will watch for them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim waiting on wife will send pics asap.
Thanks for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim did you get the photos I sent?
Yes they were in today's email. Thank you they appear to be a couple Michael and ***** *****. I will see what the current value is for their original work.
Are these original limited edition prints or original watercolors. The reason I ask is that all of the venues that sell their art only have the prints. I have checked the primary market (the galleries) and the secondary market (the auctions). So far the only work by either artist that has gone to auction are the limited edition prints. An original limited edition print in a gallery is selling for around £165.00 and at auction £21.80. To be sure take a look at the art through a magnifying glass. An original watercolor shows washes of color with bleeding on the edge. A print is made up of a matrix of small pixels.