LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a large Pat Meyer abstract oil about 3ft by 4ft painted in 1968. I understa

I have a large Pat Meyer abstract oil about 3ft by 4ft painted in 1968. I understand it was loaned to a gallery in New York at one stage in it's life. It hung in my office South Africa for years and kept it when the company was sold and I moved to London. Also have two Paul Stopforth lithos 1987 signed the leader and th eled.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser here at just answer. I would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of these for evaluation. This will help in hiving you an accurate value. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response. Here with some photos. I hope they are clear enough.
Hello, Here is the following on the lithographs:Paul Stopforth Paul Stopforth is a South African artist. His politically charged work was suppressed in his native country by the apartheid government and he left for the United States in 1988. He recently retired from his position as Lecturer on Visual and Environmental Studies and Director of Undergraduate Studies at Harvard University, where he began teaching in 1996. He is currently full-time visiting faculty at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.Stopforth studied at the Johannesburg College of Art and the Royal College of Art in London. He frequently works with mixed media on paper.Source:"Paul Stopforth", Wikipedia, /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stopforth Values below are framed lithographs in excellent condition.The Leader ---$1,200.00The Led-- $800-1000.00I am currently working on Pat Meyer painting. Wanted to post on these Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's very kind of you - thank you
I am still awaiting to hear back from the artist I contacted. I will post here as soon as my research is complete. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the update
Hello, I have never heard back from the artist I had emailed. I have researched this painting extensively and can not find the painting documented in a gallery. The value on this painting in comarable size and subject to Pat Meyer has a value of 8,000-12,000.00 I was able to find four of the artists other paintings but not much information on the artist himself. *** If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you I really appreciate your help