LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a framed signed limited edition original colour

Customer Question

Hi, I have a framed signed limited edition original colour silkscreen by Mirco Marchelli. It is called Bella Statuina and is numbered VII/L. Could you tell me how much this would be valued at please? Many thanks.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser I would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and post back here promptly.
Can you post the measurements and a photo if available. This will help in evaluating the piece. Thank you again.
Here is the biography on the artist ran across................ Mirco Marchelli (born 1963) A multifaceted artist, Mirco Marchelli always gives voice to expressing his creativity in music and poetry, but mostly through painting.Marco Meneguzzo defines his work as "pure paintings 'disguised' as an object, from concentrate of stories that, by the very nature of the form of these works appear as personal stories, interiors, if not intimate, a distant childhood , the wooden toy from childhood."Marchelli's works have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions since 1994, first in Gavi, Alessandria and Genoa, then in 1997 with exhibitions in Verona's house and Mirco Pause popular at the gallery Studio the City.His first exhibition abroad in 1998 at Gallery Sfeir Semler, Hamburg, followed in 2000 by the collective "Carte blanche à Helene de Franchis" at Gallery Le Gaillard Lucien Durand, Paris.The following year, the staff has to Regensburg was once the king of the Bäumler and in 2005 his work was exhibited in Barcelona by Miguel Alzueta Gallery.In 2004 Marchelli participating in the Biennale of Sacred Art at the Museum Stauros in Isola del Gran Sasso (TE) and the Ferry Gallery presents the exhibition in Venice Fifteen eighteen.The following year Cardelli and Fontana prepares Peaks, signs and bodies of water in Sarzana.In 2006 Marchelli is present with Stations of the Cross at the Monastery of Villafranca Piemonte in Turin and at the Galleria San Fedele in Milan in the group show feel with your eyes.In 2007, the Milan office of Spiral Arts prepares Trumpets and clarinets genis, edited by Marco Meneguzzo, while for the new gallery Eventinove of Turin Luca Beatrice has another solo entitled But there is a but, which in 2008 is also offered in the gallery MarcoRossi Spiralearte di Pietrasanta.In 2009, Angela Madesani by the staff Aristocratic, exhibited in galleries GlobArt of Aqui Terme and Miquel Alzueta Barcelona exhibition accompanied by an extensive catalog - with an interesting collection of photographs and a rich anthology - published by AlcionEdizioni.The year 2010 sees instead Marchelli participate in the launch of the project of a Museum of Contemporary Ceramics in Heaven Open to Denice (AL), and set up the pianissimo Piano solo exhibitions in galleries and Words poor MarcoRossi artecontemporanea, respectively Verona and Monza.In 2011, there are personal exhibitions in Venice, Ortisei, Borgomanero, Casale Monferrato and Turin, and in June the participation in the 54th Venice Biennale with the work lout exposed to the Italian Pavilion curated by Vittorio Sgarbi.
The signed and numbered 7/50 silkscreen has a value of $12,000.00 on the secondary retail market. This value is in excellent condition framed and signed. If the signature is a copy f his signature the value is $2,300.00 numbered. Marc Chagall BiographyMarc Chagall was born July 7, 1887, in Vitebsk, Russia. From 1907 to 1910, he studied in Saint Petersburg, at the Imperial Society for the Protection of the Arts and later with Léon Bakst. In 1910, he moved to Paris, where he associated with Guillaume Apollinaire and Robert Delaunay and encountered Fauvism and Cubism. He participated in the Salon des Indépendants and the Salon d’Automne in 1912. His first solo show was held in 1914 at Der Sturm gallery in Berlin.Chagall visited Russia in 1914, and was prevented from returning to Paris by the outbreak of war. He settled in Vitebsk, where he was appointed Commissar for Art in 1918. He founded the Vitebsk Popular Art School and directed it until disagreements with the Suprematists resulted in his resignation in 1920. He moved to Moscow and executed his first stage designs for the State Jewish Chamber Theater there. After a sojourn in Berlin, Chagall returned to Paris in 1923 and met Ambroise Vollard. His first retrospective took place in 1924 at the Galerie Barbazanges-Hodebert, Paris. During the 1930s, he traveled to Palestine, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, and Italy. In 1933, the Kunsthalle Basel held a major retrospective of his work.Watch: Marc Chagall’s exhibition in Moscow’s Tretyakov GalleryDuring World War II, Chagall fled to the United States. The Museum of Modern Art, New York, gave him a retrospective in 1946. He settled permanently in France in 1948 and exhibited in Paris, Amsterdam, and London. During 1951, he visited Israel and executed his first sculptures. The following year, the artist traveled in Greece and Italy. During the 1960s, Chagall continued to travel widely, often in association with large-scale commissions he received. Among these were windows for the synagogue of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, installed in 1962; a ceiling for the Paris Opéra, installed in 1964; a window for the United Nations building, New York, installed in 1964; murals for the Metropolitan Opera House, New York, installed in 1967; and windows for the cathedral in Metz, France, installed in 1968. An exhibition of the artist’s work from 1967 to 1977 was held at the Musée du Louvre, Paris, in 1977-78, and a major retrospective was held at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in 1985. During his lifetime he also created popular lithographs, such as Maternity. Chagall died March 28, 1985, in Saint-Paul-de-Vence, France.“When Matisse dies,” Pablo Picasso remarked, “Chagall will be the only painter left who understands what color really is.” Picasso claimed he was not a fan of the “flying violins and all the folklore, but his canvases are really painted, not just thrown together.” He followed up by saying, “There’s never been anybody since Renoir who has the feeling for light that Chagall has.”The Museum of Biblical Art describes The Bible Chagall prints as showing “Chagall’s fluid forms, dreamlike sense of space and unique style. In his choice of subject matter, Chagall reveals his reading of the Old Testament in its moments of triumph, sorrow, and prophecy.” ** If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Couldn't attach more than one photograph at a time so will send more now.
Thank you this is an authentic signature it is not a printed signature. The value is 12,000.00 I have seen this same lithograph before numbered 50/50 It is a nice piece and thank you fr the photos to review this answers any questions I had. If I may be of further service please let me know.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 10 months ago.
Hello I wanted to check and see if I may be of further help and if not..... when you have a chance please rate my answer so I may be paid for my work It does not cost you anymore, it is just how I am paid by ratings. Thank you