Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a set of 12 cries of London prints (hand coloured) painted

I have a set of 12 cries of London prints (hand coloured) painted by F Wheatley all are framed in what I know to be expensive frames (black and gold painted glass mounting black and gold frame) do you know if there is any value to them?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you..What size are these? Thank you so much!GlendaPlease Note:.You may get a message in your email ( or if you are in a chat box, it will appear as a pop up ) asking if you would like to Talk to your Expert By Phone.This does not come from me, I am unable to do Appraisals Per Phone.This offer if you click it does result in more charges to you. Appraisals are always best done in writing, this ensures you have a record of it and all information is gathered, such as pictures, sizes, descriptions etc. in order to give you a complete appraisal..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Size of print approx: 28 X 38cm
Size inc frame 53.5 X 43.5cm
Hello .This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!.The 12 Cries of London Prints, have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally..Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.. Thank you so much!Glenda .PS:I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. We appraisers come to the site to answer questions for customers, we do not work for the site. We answer questions then get rated ( by you ), if we get one of the top two ratings ( stars or smiley faces ) only then are we compensated for our time. It never costs the customer more money to rate us..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is very interesting I shall look at the web sites you suggest. I do have lots of other things I would love to have an idea of value. Can I ask you more today?
HelloYes, you can send me questions, you just need to put my name at the beginning of each question. We do one item per question. If you would rate this one , I would greatly appreciate it and then you can send me another question.Thank youGlenda
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.