Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a Clive Madgwick oil painting I bought while I was stationed

Customer Question

I have a Clive Madgwick oil painting I bought while I was stationed in the U.K. and was curious about the price. It is 14 inches by 16 inches and depicts a man walking his dog toward his home in the Autumn in Suffolk. It was painted in 2004.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Clive Madgwick was a UK artist that lived from 1934 to 2005, so this piece was created just before he passed. There are many sales of his work to use as an example with most oil on board in this size with animals and figures in a landscape having a value of 320 to 380 British pounds. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this painting is on canvas and is signed in the lower right corner.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Oil on board and oil on canvas will have the same value.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I do hope I answered to your satisfaction. If you have more items in the future, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; in the beginning to get me again. At this point, please do click the stars to give me a positive rating and to close this question, thank you!