Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a Chinese print of an elderly couple, it appears to

I have a Chinese print of an elderly couple, it appears to be on canvas, I have tried to find imformation about it but no sucesses
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art, signature and back so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent 4 photos for you to look at. thanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is not a print, but an oil on canvas original painting of a Japanese couple. The name of the canvas manufacturer is in Fukushima, Japan and they used this logo on the canvas back in the 1950's and 1960's, so that is when this piece was painted. The kanji writing is illegible as is the signature, but is most likely a local non-professional Fukushima artist from the 1960's. This painting has a value of $60 to $75.00. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.