Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

PLEASE HELP ME ON AN APPRAISAL ON A PAINTING : AN

Customer Question

HI,
PLEASE HELP ME ON AN APPRAISAL ON A PAINTING :
AN INCREDIBLE ANTIQUE "DANIEL SHERRIN" LANDSCAPE PAINTING PAINTED UNDER HIS PSEUDONYM L. RICHARDS
850 LONG x 595 HIGH
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MANY THANKS, ***** ***** HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a landscape painting by Daniel Sherrin/L. Richards (1868-1940) of the United Kingdom. It is an oil on canvas and does match his style and technique of the paintings he did of Surrey. After reviewing some 16 pages of sold works by this artist, your painting would have a value of $2,000 to $3,000 us dollars or 46,341ZAR.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WILL I HAVE A PROBLEM ON THE VALUE IF I HAD TO REFRAM IT. CAN YOU ADVISE ME ON WHERE TO SELL IT.
MANY THANKS
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
It would be best not to re-frame this piece if you are planning to sell it. You can go to liveauctioneers.com or invaluable.com and search their directory for auction house that are near you and that deal in fine art.