Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have an oil painting by the late artist David Prentice,

I have an oil painting by the late artist David Prentice, who gave me the work in the 1980s. Could you advise me how I could best obtain a valuation?
Paul *******
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add photos then I can complete my answer, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi rarewaresThank you so much for replying to my query regarding the David Prentice painting that's currently in my possession.I regret that I'm not sufficiently digitally qualified (most of my correspondence is conducted via a 1960s Olympia typewriter - and I don't even entirely trust THAT - I'm a bit of a dinosaur in this respect) - and I'm not able to send you an image of the painting.HOWEVER, I have a friend who can: I'm meeting her on Sunday, and she'll be able to send a pic soon after. Her name is ***** *****, so please expect an image from her asap.Many thanks for your interest.Paul Munnery
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I do not participate in the live phone call service.Are you able to add pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello rarewaresThanks for your interest in the David Prentice painting. I'm sorry that I'm not sufficiently digitally competent to be able to send you an image of the painting, but I've now handed it over to a friend who is!Her name is ***** *****, and she will email the image if you'd be kind enough to let me have your full email address.Many thanksPaul Munnery.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You can email your images to***@******.*** and write “For Rarewares/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by administrators, so thank you in advance for some patience when sending this way.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Paul,Your photos were in my email this morning, thank you.This is a painting by artist David Prentice (1936-2014) done in 1985. Most of his work was landscape and this having figures is wonderfully differetn for this artist. This painting has a current value of $1732GBP to $2425GBP. Forgive what seem like odd values, I had to convert US dollars to British pounds at today's conversion rate so that it would make sense to you.If you are interested in selling, you might contact Bonham's Knightbridge as they are interested in taking consignments of his work for auction.Please do click the five stars at the top of your page and hit submit so that I will get credit for answering you (hoping it hasn't timed-out!)