Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a painting by Harland Young called free spirit, it belonged

I have a painting by Harland Young called free spirit, it belonged to my late husband who died 2015, he had when we met and married in 1977, the painting is signed in the right hand corner and seems to be the same when I have checked on an original painting sold in auctions, how do I find out if it is an original painting as it could be worth something.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to add photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have trouble providing some of the Info, I have decided to take the picture to the Antique Roadshow in my area, thanks for trying to help.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I can work without photos since this is a listed artist.

Harland Young (1924-2015) was an artist that lived in Arizona, Missouri, and California and was known for western--themed paintings and bronze sculptures. I have added a sample of his signature for you to match.

Based on similar western-themed painting that have sold within the past 2 years, this piece that you have is valued at $50USD to $600.00 retail and would have a replacement insurance value of $1500.00USD.

It is important for you to click the stars and hit submit after you have read this answer.