Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I am being given info on lawyers but I need an answer to my

Customer Question

I am being given info on lawyers but I need an answer to my question about my 2 KIOTO. plates.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is English transferware in the Kioto pattern made by Bates, Gildea and Walker of Burslem, Staffordshire, England in 1880. The pattern was made in clobbered polychrome (many colors) transferware and in brown, blue and green. The pattern is a rather complex one, with several borders around a circular cartouche which contains a bird (much like a woodpecker) perched on a branch. Beneath the bird is a vivid blue segment which is repeated in the border pattern. The border pattern also includes cranes or herons standing and in flight. The pattern name of Kioto is a representation of the Japanese aesthetic period in design of the late 1800's.

Each plate has a value of $40.00USD for a total of $80.00.

They no longer make these, of course, but there are plates available online quite often. You would search for Bates, Gildea and Walker Kioto pattern plate as a search term.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.