Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have apainting 27cm ×23cm by H. Ronner of four kitten in a

Customer Question

I have apainting 27cm ×23cm by H. Ronner of four kitten in a basket
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have sent photos have you received
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
If you used the Add Files feature, there are none here.You can't email to the general site, I will not get them. If you email, you must email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line and be sure to use the same email that you used when you signed up for your account so they will recognize your account. These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have sent by add files
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Now they are here, thank you. Give me some time to do research on value and I will be back in a bit. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is an original oil painting by Henriette Ronner (1821-1909) of the Netherlands.The signature, framing and style (she is known for cats) is a match.This painting has a current value of 8,000 to 10,000GBP. About the artist , resource, Askart.com;"The daughter and pupil of Neo-Classicist painter Josephus August Knip, Henriette Ronner-Knip (1821-1909) gained notoriety early on as a landscape and still-life painter. Her long and prolific career began with her first exhibition in Germany at the age of fifteen. By 1852, her work appeared regularly at the Paris salons and throughout England.Knip moved from her native Amsterdam, Holland, to Brussels, Belgium, with her husband in 1859. There she concentrated on animal scenes, using dogs and cats as her inexpensive models. Nearly always set in the lush Belle Epoch interiors of the time, Knip's animal paintings quickly became celebrated for their individualistic, almost human characteristics.By 1870, she was painting cats and kittens exclusively. Knip became a member of the Royal Society and Officer of the Order of Leopold in 1877. An album of her work was published in concurrence with the 1891 Berlin World's Fair.The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague, and many museums in Britain include her works in their collections." It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I be able to sell the painting I live in scotland
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
You can contact Sotheby's in the UK to consign to them. In that case a short little trip in mail to them would be all you would have to do. http://www.sothebys.com/en.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much for your services x I have given you 5 stars in the rating
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I really appreciate it. If you ever have more items, just start a new question and put FORCustomerONLY in the beginning to get me again. If you have such great art, you probably have other wonderful things!