rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have an oil painting by R,Davey, featuring what I believe

I have an oil painting by R,Davey, featuring what I believe includes the Paris Opera house. I have done some investigations on my PC. and find that the painting I have is indeed by R. Vernan Davey 1887 - 1964. Davey's career and influence was based in Santa Fe New Mexico. His works are included in over 34 museums throughout the US (these were lissted)
My searching also tells me that it has been valued in the US at $5000.
I am 90+ yrs of age and vertually housebound. The painting has hung in my bedroom for many years and I cannot recall where I obtained it from...certainly not left to me by any of my parents, or other relatives.
It does of course need to be seen and valued - a visit to my home would be the only way I can see the painting being vallued. Is this possible?.....If you were to email me, I am sure I could arrange to have it photographed and emailed to you, it you wish.
Yours truly
William Leach - email:***@******.***
Home address -***** OLDHAM OL1 4LE - Tel: 0161-6272264
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. This site does not offer house calls as we an internet service only, but i can still help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please find attached photos of my painting as requested.
However, the label on the back is from the Framing company.
The edges of the painting on the reverse side are not visible because of the actual frame and there maybe something there that I cannot see?

Randall Vernon Davey lived in New Mexico, New York, California and New Jersey.

This painting has a current value of $4000 to $5000USD based on recent sales of similar pieces.

See the photo I have added of one that just sold back in February of this year.

You will see it is the same street painted on a different day by this artist.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

rarewares, Other
Experience: Appraiser
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have also responded to you on the e-mail that you sent to me.Many thanksBill Leach