Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a poster like abstract its 120 x 88cm on thick card

I have a poster like abstract its 120 x 88cm on thick card on the bottom is written the name wearing at the side of the name is ***** *****
It has a yellow heart with a red letter L on it, some Roman numerals XIV inside a black outline box this is all on a grey background with some white lines in another box at the bottom also has a orange large looking L going down left hand side of picture & a backwards 3 on the right of the heart thanks Mary.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of print where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing on the back its just like a thick card , name is ***** ***** bottom of the picture , if you enlarge bottom of picture you can see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this Circa 16 to 18 yrs.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I would love to see a close up of the writings in pencil if you could.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go & do that now thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope you this .
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I got the photo.

This is a serigraph (much like a silkscreen print) done by an artist named WEARING similar in style to the work of Keith Haring, that was why I had asked to see the signature. It was created in the mid to late 90's when this style of primary colors and experimenting with symbolism was popular.

The only Wearing as a listed (meaning valuable) artist was Gillian Wearing of England who is a conceptual artist and does not lean much towards this type of art.

This is an unlisted, likely local to where you purchased, artist and the letters AP indicate that this is an Artist's Proof, usually a series of 10 AP prints created for the artist to approve and/or make changes to colors, registration, and quality before the limited edition run of 99 prints was finally executed.

This limited edition print, artist's proof serigraph has a current value of £300 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.