Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I'm looking at a Lebus sideboard which dates back to the 50s

Hi there
I'm looking at a Lebus sideboard which dates back to the 50s and is quite an unusual design - I've been struggling to find any other examples online. I wonder if you could help?
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've added a photo
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.

I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
What are you wanting to know about this?

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi GlendaThanks for your response. I'm looking at buying this sideboard and I'm after an idea of what it's worth? The only example i can find is the one I'm considering!Thanks in advance,Lucy

Lucy

As vast as the internet is, it does not have 1/3 of the items that are in books. There are thousands of items that never show up on the internet.

.

The Mid Century Modern Buffet/Sideboard, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi again GlendaThank you for your reply. Unfortunately it's not the most use to me, as I am in the UK and obviously it's likely that there will be a marked difference in value here. I didn't realise that you were in the US. Also I'm not looking to sell this piece, rather to buy it. Can I ask if you happened to find an example of the same item anywhere?Thanks again.Lucy

Hello Lucy,

Yes, I am familiar with these, I have appraised these before for the UK. I answered this in British Pounds I am nor sure why that did not show up like that. It is valued at 838.039 GBP-1,028.25 GBP

Glenda,
.

Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Glenda, I appreciate you clarifying.