Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have painting by Matthews of a stagecoach pulled by 4

Hello there, I have painting by Michael Matthews of a stagecoach pulled by 4 horses, it is a winter scene against a snow covered winter landscape, oil on board and titled "The London Coach" some information would be useful please. I have looked for Michael Matthews online but I am directed to auction sites that I am required to log onto, I can`t find anything about the artist.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response, I will provide the pictures you require.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thank you.

This is an oil on board by listed UK artist Michael Matthews (born 1933) titled The London Coach.

The signature and style are a match for this artist. He is known for historic landscapes and ship paintings.

This piece has a current value of £500 retail based on recent sales of his work.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.