Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

I have two limited edition prints by a gentleman named Stone

I have two limited edition prints by a gentleman named Richard Stone Reeves , the first one is ' Pawneese defeats Bruni and Orange Bay ' from 1976 and is 301/750.
The Second one is 'The minstrel defeats Hot Grove ' this is 1977 and is also 301/750.
I should say these are both depicting horse race finishes. Hopefully someone will be able to help.
Regards Graham
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 1 year ago.

Good day Graham my name is ***** ***** is my pleasure to assisy you on your question.

Your artist is Richard Stone Reeves was an American equine painter whom Blood-Horse magazine described as perhaps the greatest modern-day horse painter. Born in New York City, Reeves grew up in Garden City on Long Island. Wikipedia

born: November 6, 1919, Manhattan, New York City, NY

died: October 7, 2005, Greenport, NY

Education: Syracuse University.

Your limited edition prints have sold at auction for: £82 to £116 each.

Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience: Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim , i wanted an accurate appraisal as I've seen some widely varying prices for these prints. Most of them very unrealistic.