Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

L have a painting from Donald grant it looks very old it was

l have a painting from Donald grant it looks very old it was found at the back of a wardrobe of my late father it shows a fox hunting scene
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Again here are the pictures you asked for what lm looking for is it worth anything and how to sell it lm trying to get my mum some money to help her after my dad passed away let me know if there is anything else you needMany Thanks Philip Welch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20/08/2016 09:20
Hi Again here are the pictures you asked for what lm looking for is it worth anything and how to sell it lm trying to get my mum some money to help her after my dad passed away let me know if there is anything else you need
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

How wonderful to have found this in the back of an armoire!

This is a painting by wildlife artist Donald Grant (1930-2001, UK).

This piece has a value of £3,000 as a high estimate. Some of his

later work of African Safaris are more collectible,

but I think this is still a good price for a found piece.

The auction houses that have sold his work most recently have been Christie's of King Street and of South Kensington, Sotheby's London, and Bonham's in Knightsbridge, so I would suggest trying them first as a sale venue. Don't be surprised if they have a nose-in-the-air, it is just the attitude of these places. If they say no to this piece, there are others.

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them. Good luck!

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help and see what l can get for it now l have an idea of its value you earned the 5 star rate
Many Thanks Philip Welch
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I need you to physically click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit

in order for the site to credit me for answering.