twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have a crocodile skin handbag, probably 100 years old.

I have a crocodile skin handbag, probably 100 years old. Does it have a value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Irene,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I am certain that your handbag has value, but how much will be determined by the style and condition. Can you upload some pictures for me? I need clear views of everything - all sides and the interior as well. If there is a label of any sort, or any trademarks or other writing, I'll need to see that too.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Judith, I am not very computer literate so I will send 'photos by email, hope this is O.K.
Irene
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

It's just fine, Irene!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Irene,

I have your pictures - thanks!

What are the dimensions of this bag?

What is there to indicate that it is 100 years old?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bag Is 7 inches tall by 11 inches wide. I have the bag for forty years and it was left to me by an old lady when she died. I have no idea how long she had it but the lining was well worn and torn. I had the lining replaced many years ago, it wasn't a great job unfortunately.the original lining was a silk like material, it has been replaced with leather. I have not used the bag for many years which is why I am prepared to part with it. Look forward to hearing from you. Irene
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, Irene.

It is great that you had this handbag restored, as it definitely increases its value.

If it is in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your handbag is approximately GBP200.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Irene.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your positive rating, Irene!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques