ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

Also I have the complete set of 14 volumes titled The

Also I have the complete set of 14 volumes titled The Popular Encyclopedia. In volume 10 there is a handwritten letter on headed notepaper from Blackie and Son of Glasgow who published the books, to a customer about a word in the Encyclopedia. It explains the meaning and derivation from a Greek word. It then goes on to say tha they are sending a copy of their catalogue to the customer.
It is dated 1893 and signed by J R Blackie. Director.
If you could give me any information of this set as well, I would appreciate it.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The Popular Encyclopedia Published by Blackie and Son, Glasgow (Edinburgh and London) have a value from good condition $42.00 per volume to excellent condition $85.00 per volume in US dollars. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I send you photos of the hard covers, front pages and the lettercould you give me a more definitive appraisal?

Hi, Yes I could see the condition. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will send as soon as possible, but I am tied up in meetings for the next few days. I work from home so should be able to slot in half an hour to go and see the books and photo them
Manyy thanks for your help
Ann Customer

Hi Ann, Yes please keep me posted. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will do. Message soon. Ann

Hi Ann, OK Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mike. At some point today I will email the photos of both sets of books to you for your further appraisal.

Hi Ann, OK Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mike. I've taken the photos so could you please supply an email address for me to send them?
Thanks Ann

Hi Ann, You can click the paperclip icon on your screen then click browse then select your photos then click OK. Thanks Mike

Hi Ann, You can email your pictures to***@******.*** attn. Mike in appraisals and as soon as I receive them I'll give you a value. Thanks Mike.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mike. My daughter watched me email the photos to you in three lots on Sunday 18th. Please don't tell me you didn't get them

Hi Ann, There are no pictures showing up try this You have an "add files" button that you can click or this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142 How to Send a Photo or File is in Other. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Mike. Sorry for the absence of correspondence but I've been in hospital. Today I am going in to the Apple Store and going to ask them to send the photos to you. 110th time lucky hopefully. Speak soon

Hi Ann, Hope all is well I'll be waiting. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Mike Here we go
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Round two
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Round three. Let me know when you get them
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ann, I viewed your photos the "The Popular Encyclopedia" are in the good condition range with worn top bindings so they would be valued at ​$35.00 to $42.00 per volume and the volume with the handwritten letter on headed notepaper from Blackie and Son of Glasgow who published the books would be valued at $55.00. The Lloyds Encyclopedia A Dictionary ​are in excellent condition $20.00 to $25.00 per volume. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. That sounds pretty good. Where do I go from here? Are you in a position to find a buyer or do a I have to do this myself?
Ann

Hi Ann, Since I'm in the US it might be better that you find one in the UK. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I can't thank you enough for your help and advice. Did you pass the picture of the chair along?

Hi Ann, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thank You Mike