Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I am the proud owner of a painting of a tin mine ruin by

I am the proud owner of a painting of a tin mine ruin by Ron Wood.
I bought it in***** Ives.
Would you have any history of the artist or the painting and possibly it's worth?
Please find attached photographs.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your original inquiry.
The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please find attached

I received the photo of the painting and the signature. I wonder if there is anything on the back

and how you know the title of the piece. Also, let me know the size of the painting (framed size).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Size: 45cm X 70cm believe it to be impasto style on back of hardboard.
Overall frame is 59cm x 84cm.
Written on the back is:- 'Ron Wood St. Agnes sculptor, he also paints in the impasto manner striking modern celtic subjects'

This is a 1970's painting of Old Tin Mine (see photo of similar by the same artist and photo of artist) in St. Agnes

by artist Ron Wood, born 1922 in London. He is not a listed artist (meaning known and collected), but he does have an impressive

biography of exhibitions and commissioned work of graphic art, sculptures and paintings (see here). This piece you have has

a current value of 500 to 700 British pounds.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com. I am not sure if all I've mentioned are also avaialable in the UK.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them, which is usually best for fine art.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!