LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Hope you are well. I recently purchases and antique mirror

Good morning.
Hope you are well.
I recently purchases and antique mirror with a floral design copper frame. The corners of the mirror seem to be slightly different with a rose tinted colour. I have been told it is from the 1920's. Can you please give me yours opinion.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 5 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Morning. I would like to close the question. As no one has been able to give me an answer. Can you please reimburse me my fee.
John
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. By chance do you have photos you could post here for review ? Click on file upload or the paper clip button and follow prompts or you may email to***@******.*** in the email please put "for ladytanya65" and they will forward on to me. I will also need the measurements or a rough guess to give me an idea on size. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you on this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Good morning,
Sorry for the late reply but I have been away from home. The size of the mirror is 56cm Length X 37cm width.
The frame is copper but the corners have a different appearance, more like a rose tint. I hope the pictures are OK.RegardsJohn

Thank you for the photos. please allow me to review the photos and research. I will post back here when completed.

Thank you for your patience this is a beautiful mirror and hand made. The copper frame was done and the corners made of copper rose. The distinction is in the color and the first recorded use of copper rose as a color name in England was in 1924. The English used it to add a touch of class and color to plain copper items. This was made in England in the 1920s This was a mirror hung in the entrance to a home. The hand worked copper and making of the frame took a period of time to form and produce a nice elegant piece. The insurance value is 450.00 in today's market and realistically you would see 325-350.00 if you were to sell this mirror. Thank you for sharing this piece with justanswer.com If I may be of further help please let me know. I am always happy to help. Thank you

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher