Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I've acquired an oil painting, can't really make the

Hi, I've acquired an oil painting, can't really make the signature out. L falmivzeau?
Cheers johnny
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's of a a view from a cliff looking over the sea with some trees in the fore ground
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello,I'm happy to wait. I'm in no rush, just curious to know a little more about it.Thanks John
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 months ago.

Hello My name is Glenda

Perhaps I can help you,

Can you send a picture of this painting?

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello I've sent an attachment with this message, I hope this helps.

Thank you for the picture.

The painting looks to be from the early 1900's. The signature is not readable and putting it in a data base with the way you spelled it does not bring up anything. I am sure it is because the artist did not become famous and this is really old. This can be valued for what it is, if you like though.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, thank you very much. I imagine it's not worth a lot but a valuation would be good. I've attached another picture of the signature if this helps.Thanks John

Hi John

What size is this ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'd say about 18 inches in length by about 10-12 inches in width

.

This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading, thanks
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Early 20thC Painting, Framed in Original Frame, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-300.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $145.00-150.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $300.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $250.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much. That's more than I was expecting as I Only paid £10 for it in a pub.Thanks again john.