Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a wooden table which is two leafed with 4 legs 36

I have a wooden table which is two leafed with 4 legs 36 inches long by 18 inches wide folded down, leafs are 9 inches each and 29 inches high. It has a drawer at one end with brass castors in brass type "socks" onto the legs. It was left to me by my mother who had it valued about we believe 20 years ago and I believe again something like queen Anne was mentioned and £700 not sure this is right, condition is not the best even then. Would love for some information on this table please and hopefully settle some confusion in the family
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am willing to wait and looking forward to your reply
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I live in Devon at Ottery st Mary is there someone local I can take it to
Jerome
Hello Jerome,
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 4 months ago.

Can you send a picture of this ?

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Glenda, I have taken three photos which are attached at the bottom I see, I have tried to open them myself and cant, I am rubbish at IT so any help will be appreciated
Jerome
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 months ago.

Hello Jerome

The pictures are fine. Can you look under the table to see if there are any markings to indicate a maker? This would not be a Queen Anne Table, the Queen Ann Tables have the shaped legs, they are swelled at the top where they meet the table then flow down in a S shape to the floor. Your table is a early 20thC, probably around 1915-20, turned leg, drop leaf walnut table. Very popular during this time frame.

Let me know if you find a makers name

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Glenda, Thanks very much for info, that would fit well i think has it was a wedding present for my Gran about then. I think my mum was on the end years ago of a rouge, a visitor was on the make with other items my mum had. The idea is to sell the table on e-bay, it is not that good a condition really any ideas on price please
Jerome
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Glenda just been trying to rate you on the stars and it wont let me any ideas

Hello Jerome,

I have not answered you yet that is why there is no stars to rate me by yet.

.

This is your answer, please read before rating.

Policy: Rating for the Appraiser is for the professionalism of the Appraiser, it is not for the value of the item (Appraisers have no control over values, we do not set values. We simply report them.) It is not for any issues due to the site policy or procedures. Appraisers do not work for the site, we are independent working for ourselves, ratings allow us to continue to work on the site answering customers questions.
.
The Antique Drop leaf Table, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 300.00-375.00 GBP if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, at around 200.00-225.00 GBP if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for 300.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for 300.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.