Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a painting that was given to my mother by a neighbour

Customer Question

I have a painting that was given to my mother by a neighbour awho was extremely wealthy and I wonder if it is worth anything?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I attach pictures of the painting and the dimensions are 27.5" width and 23.5" depthPlease feel free to call me on***********
Best wishesJane
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I got 85, 85 (twice) and 84. I do need a more straight-on picture of the signature

and one photo of the back of the painting so I can look for construction, canvas, labels, etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HiI will send another pic as requested. Any further questions please let me knowBestJane
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a circa 1970's oil painting, unknown artist, of a lakeside landscape

painted in the palette knife technique that was popular

in that era. This piece has a current value of $AUD60 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!