Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

my climate control would only blow hot or cold air no mid range.

Customer Question

my climate control would only blow hot or cold air no mid range. There was then a smell of burning so i turned it off. The next day the climate control did not work and lights on the climate control wont turn on at all and now the esp signal stays on the dash. Why is this and what has gone wrong and what needs to be done to fix it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What information are you looking for? It started with the left side of the climate control blowing hot air and we could not turn the tempature down and the right hand side started to be cold only and when we turned the tempature up it was still cold until the very last turn up to 28 degrees. Two days after we got a slight smell of burning and the next day a greater smell of burning so we turned it down to fan 1 as we could not turn it entirely off to 0. When we got into the car the next day the entire climate control would not work and all the lighting was off, we also noticed the ESP light was showing permanently. The climate control is a dual climate control. If you have any questions please just let me know. Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE -

Can I just ask then now if you have had any tests / plug in checks done - and what the results of those are?

Rgds- MIKE...............................