David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

i have just tried to take the passenger side back wheel off

Customer Question

i have just tried to take the passenger side back wheel off my A5 but after i had taken off all the wheel nuts the wont come off i can move it what am i doing wrong?
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hi this is quite common and the alloy wheel and hub corroded together and make the wheel hard to get off. I tend to put one wheel nut back on but only a few turns and then using a rubber mallet hit the wheel rim from behind rotating the wheel each time. Once the wheel is off I would recommend that you clean up the surface where the hub and wheel meet espacially where the hub sticks out as that is where they stick. Then apply some copper grease to the hub surface before refitting the wheel.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask.

Dave