Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Am thinking about a 2006 a6 3.0tdi quattro top spec with 100,000

Customer Question

Am thinking about a 2006 a6 3.0tdi quattro top spec with 100,000 on clock, seems great but scared about mmi lasting, (i've had laptops that have died after a couple of years). Don't want to end up with a good engine and no internal controls.. Everything else seems fine, but again tiptronic auto, how good/reliable?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

See you have been waiting a while ,this is because this is an uncomfortable question to answer, as all car have there problem somewhere down the road at some time or other .
you may haver this car with out any issue for 500.000km and the next door neighbour
gets to 150 and the transmission will pack out .

From my customers side of this car he is very happy with this cat and the triptronic ,
the Manual transmission has a bad low range 1-3 ratio so in town you are always shifting up and down the box .as far as i know the triptronic system is a well proven transmission and if the maintenance is kept up with then the car has very little problems

Check the internet for its Reviews, you will be surprised to see most owners love there car and the automatic transmission .

Find a A6 Audi forum, join them and see what the owners have to say, this is where you will get first hand honest answers.

Myself I'm not an Euro car fan, but this is one nice looking classy car that only comes in for oil changes and its inspections .

Hope this has been of some use for you ,and don't worry about the automatic transmission is good .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg