Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi, I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.8 convertable, which i have just

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.8 convertable, which i have just bought.The remote locking does not work off the key fob, but works manualy. I have replaced battery in 2 key fobs to no avail. Any ideas please.

Regards Peter.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Try the following procedure and if this does not work then try again .

If your car has the immo system then you will need dealer reprogramming tools to do this .

1.Take one key/remote (key B) and put it in the ignition and turn the ignition ON (to the "accessory-on" position - don't start the car).

2.Close and lock the driver's door with the other key/remote (key A) while the ignition remains on.

3.Take the key A remote and press the "UNLOCK" button ONCE only - alarm will 'beep'/lights flash, but door will remain locked.

4.Wait for a slow count of 10.

5.With key A, unlock and lock the door again (using the key not the remote).

6.Test the remote by pressing the "UNLOCK" button again - door should unlock.

7.Open the door and turn ignition off and back on again using the key A this time.

8.Continue the procedure for the second remote - close & lock the door with the key B (leaving the ignition on).

9.Take key B remote and press the "UNLOCK" button TWICE - alarm will 'beep'/flash each time button is pressed but door will remain locked.

10.Wait a count of 10 again.

11.With key B, unlock and lock the door again (using the key not the remote).

12.Test the remote by pressing the "UNLOCK" button again - door should unlock.

13.Remove both keys, close the door and perform a final retest by locking and unlocking the car with both remote's.

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

Kindest regards Greg