Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi I have a2002 Audi TT accasionally at very slow speed the

Customer Question

Hi I have a2002 Audi TT accasionally at very slow speed the abs starts to opperate the brakes with the esp light flashing, this lasts for a couple of seconds the esp light then stays on, the car then drives as normal, Any help to know which part of system is at fault would be most welcome.
R Bailey
Category: Audi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

This is a typical brake Wheel speed sensor or sensor ring on one of the 4 wheels .

But to be 100% i would have a code check to see what codes you may get..
Could be a 00283 or a 00285 depending which wheel sensor has malfunction .
These are the most common issue to make the Check lights come on and stay on .

So the above was just an example ,your best option is to have the system checked for codes and then you will have a positive idea of what has malfunctioned and what you have to repair,adjust or replace .

I would not advise to start replacing parts on assumption od some one saying Oh this is surly your wheel speed sensors and then replace the 4 sensors and then find you still have the same problems,

Note : A bad wheel bearing could also give you the same problem you are having so check this first .

If you need further assistance with this issue then pleas get back to me .

Kindest regards Greg