mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

a 3 excessive brake pedal movement ?

Customer Question

a 3 excessive brake pedal movement ?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need a response by Monday 8th and am absolutely astounded it has taken this long to get nowhere .

Waiting your urgent reply

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

I apologize that it has taken so long for someone to help you.

Do you mean the pedal is loose,not firm,spongy?

Any recent brake work performed to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Last October a new master cyl was fitted and the result was a spongy pedal, not satisfactory. More recently more travel on the pedal has shown with the feeling that the car was running out of brakes. Brakes have been fully inspected and all 4 brake pipes were blocked off which resulted in perfect pedal. Each clamp was released individuely and right hand front brake hose caused considerable movement. Hose now replaced and the brakes are back to where we were last October, but still unsatisfactory. Next step please for improvement?

Ok the issue that you are having is the brake booster is bleeding down pressure internally and causing the weak pedal,this is a fairly common issue on this vehicle and results in the symptoms that you are having.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a way of testing the booster using a vacuum pump prior to replacement?

When the booster fails internally like this, there is really no true way to test it.