Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I have an audi A6 Avant 2.8 Quattro on a S Reg (1998) Plate.

Customer Question

Hi, I have an audi A6 Avant 2.8 Quattro on a S Reg (1998) Plate. Recently whilst the car idles lovely at tickover, but when driving it can sometimes shudder as accelerating through the rev range. It had a blow on the exhaust system, which was repaired and since then the problem has started and got gradually worse until now where I can hardly drive the car at all. Have pulled all the spark plugs out and checked them, the ones on the drivers side on the car where all very "caked" up with black powder but the passenger side where pretty clean. Just wondering if the cat convertor on the drivers side exhaust system maybe the cause of the problem ? Any advice that you can give me will be great... Many Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Has there been any warning lights coming on?

Has the vehicle been scanned for codes?