Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

I have a 2009 Audi S5 coupe and I'm trying to replace the

Customer Question

Hi there.
I have a 2009 Audi S5 coupe and I'm trying to replace the driver and passenger side rear speakers (6.5" B&O woofers). I'm struggling to remove the rear "door" interior panels to access the speakers.
Do I need to remove the rear seats to remove the panels that are covering the speakers?
Can you offer any info on the screws or clips that hold the panels in or do you know of any work instructions that may exist for removing them?
Thanks in advance.
Dave
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is***** will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

The clips pop out much easier with a trim removal tool sold online or at most parts stores.

1. Remove
decorative trim starting from end closest to door opening, pop the rest out
being careful when you get nearest to the door opener as you then slide the trim
sideways to avoid breaking holding tabs.

2. There are 3 torx (hexagonal)
bolts sized T25 that need removal, one is behind the trim (which is why you need
to remove it), other two are just beneath the door arm rest.

3. Remove
the lock trim piece

4. Remove bolt from the bottom of the
door

5. Using the tool or equvilant that resembles the claw end of a
hammer, you leverage this between the door and each clip to pop it out from the
door. Start from the bottom and move up,
total of eight clips. .

6. The
moulded door panel sits neatly on a holding edge at the top of the inside door,
just lift it up to separate from the door, be careful of the 3 connections which
you will need to disengage....connection to the light (release the clip),
connection cable for the door opener and the wiring harness that connects to the
door control unit.

7. Once this is all carefully disconnected you can
remove the door panel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello.
The method you describe above would work if I wanted to remove the front door interior panels. However, it is the REAR interior panels I need to remove to access the rear speakers. I used the word "door" with inverted commas as it is a coupe and as such, has no rear doors.
It looks like the pivot pin for the rear seat backs passes through the panel, which is why i asked if the seats need to be removed.
Ok ,give me just a little bit and I will get the instructions for you,thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks. I await your reply.
1: Flip down both of your back seats.

2: Unhook the 3rd Brake light (located in the trunk)

3: Slide off 3rd Brake light cover (should come off with a little force, pull straight back)

4: Pull up along where the rear deck cover meets the metal, there are 3 plastic clips that hold down the front part of the rear deck, they will pull out.

Now you will have access to the rear speakers.
1: Unscrew the 2 screws on the speaker itself, and disconnect the 2 pin harness.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This method is for removing the parcel shelf to access the sub-woofer under there. I have already done this. I need to remove different panels. I don't know how to describe it in more detail than I already have done.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi there. I will wait a little while longer but if I'm not satisfied with the next answer then I would like a refund to my PayPal.
Dave

Hello Dave,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Dave,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello.
Yes, I would like to close this question and have my money refunded.