mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I am wondering if anyone can help?? I have an Audi R8 4.2

Customer Question

I am wondering if anyone can help??

I have an Audi R8 4.2 V8 and The button to release the fuel cap is not working?

I have read the owners manual and they say there is a read wire hook to the right in the engine compartment to pull up until release, i can see to find this and running out of fuel fast ha ha

Any help would be appreciated
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Double check that you are not trying to open the fuel door with the doors locked because it will not open if they are locked.Go to the fuel door and directly on the other side there is a panel and inside the panel you will see the red pull handle to open the door.