David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

Hi Just tried to fit a parrot ck100 hands free in my sisters

Customer Question

Just tried to fit a parrot ck100 hands free in my sisters car a6 all road 2.5 tdi 2002 I had no power with ignition on the kit works Fine in my a4 the stereo is the one with the cd.radio..tape in one unit
Category: Audi
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

what info do you need

dave

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. No further information is being requested at this time. Please note that the automatic header that indicates a message is waiting for you refers to messages, replies, or questions as requests for information whether or not a question is being asked. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dave,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

carry on please

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.

Can you please confirm the exact problem that you are getting?

I presume the connectors you are using are the 2 plugs with 8 wires in each one?

Does the parrot kit work at all in the A6 or is it totally dead?

What is the name on the front of each of the radios and what year are both of the cars?

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi dave

the wiring is the standard parrot kit it is the one that plugs into the stereo and the wiring loom for the ignition the parrot kit is totally dead in the a6

but if i disconnect mine in the a4 and connect to the a4 it works fine

the a6 is 2002 allroad 2.5tdi

the a4 is 2004 1.9 tdi

the stereo in the a6 is the one that has tape player on the bottom

and cd changer on the top

i have fitted two of these kits so far and not come across this problem can you help me please

thanks

dave

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi thank you for the information. I will now go and look up some details on this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

thanks

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dave

I've had a look at what I believe to be the radio that you have in your A6 and as of 2001 they no longer fitted an ignition live to the radio on the A6. Instead they rely on a signal sent through the Canbus system to tell the radio to turn on and off.

I think you will need to find your own ignition live feed to supply the Parrot kit. We are finding this more nad more with the modern cars and we have to find a suitable wire in the fusebox to use.

I've attached the diagram that should relate to the wiring connections on your radio just incase it helps you in any way.

Attachment: 2013-04-24_191112_a6_pinout.pdf

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks

where do you suggest i get a feed from

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi there is a ignition live feed to the connector on the rear of the dash panel.

It's a black wire in the blue plug and should be in loaction pin 1.

Or there is another one on the 16 pin diagnostic plug down by the bonnet release again pin 1 and a black and blue wire

I hope this helps and please just check the wire with a volt meter.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

thanks i will let you know how i get on proberly after the weekend

dave

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Ok I hope it all works out for you.

Dave