David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

i have an audi a3 2005 2.0 fsi, the dash is showing that my

Customer Question

i have an audi a3 2005 2.0 fsi, the dash is showing that my bonnet is open and its causing all sorts of wiper/alarm problems but my bonnet is actually shut.....is this a micro switch problem ?
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hi it does sound like a switch fault and this is on the actual bonnet catch itself.

To check this you will find a small two pin connector near to the bonnet catch and you can unplug this. This should then put the warning light out and allow the wipers to work again. if you disconnect the wiring and the light stays on then you may have a wiring problem.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave