Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi there My control emissions button has just come on my Q7

Customer Question

hi there
My control emissions button has just come on my Q7 4.2tdi 2008. It was coming on and going off quite regularly and then I had a problem with particulate filter and then the car went into limp mode. I have since had the particle filter and sensor replaced (the garage diagnosed the sensor wasnt working. Now the yellow emissions light has come on again. The car seems to be functioning fine. Speaking to other Q7 owners this light seems to come and go quite regularly with them too. Is this something I need to worry about? Thanks very much for your reply. Kind regards Jackie
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - IM happy to help you with this -

It is true yes, that some do have these issues with this light in question - Of course it shouldn't come on - it is indicating that the control module for that system , is detecting a fault somewhere in that system - and the only way to trace that down is with having diagnostic equipment plugged on Im afraid...

The difficulty with this is when the light is not on all the time - The diagnostic tests need to be done when the light is on to trace the fault - so it could be that if its being intermittent - you will be best to wait until it comes on and stays on for a successful test.

So long as that light is not flashing as you drive, you can drive with it on. So long too as its not seriously down on power - then you can drive without any worries - but obviously it does need checking / rectifying as above when you can....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.