David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

A3 fuel consumption signal electrical fault

Customer Question

Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

Could you please let me have some more details of the exact problem that you have having?

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello the car is becoming harder to start and the engine light keeps coming on it also sometimes juders on the motorway when going fast its definetly getting worse i do feel it may let me down if i dont get it sorted

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Have you had the fault memory checked for the engine light coming on and if so do you have a copy of the fault code please?

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it said fuel consumption signal electrical fault in circuit p1250

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hi from what I have found so far this code seem to relate to a issue on the fuel tank sender. It is picking up that the fuel level is getting too low. The first things I would check is the fuel gauge and check that this is reading correctly when you fill the car up and when the fuel starts to get low. Also just make sure you have plenty of fuel in the car. If the car has a fuel range display also just compare this to the reading on the fuel gauge.

Whilst you check that I will do some more research in to the for you and get back to you within 24 hours if I can find some more information for you.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave