Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Engine wont turn over and hear clicking sound also wipers,radio,central

Customer Question

Engine wont turn over and hear clicking sound also wipers,radio,central instrument panel on dash not on when turn key
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this -

Your symptoms are that of flat or failed battery - main car battery.

You could have loose connections on the battery - earth circuit etc so bear that in mind - but your symptoms certainly point to a lack of power through put.

So check that as above first - use a jump pack - jump leads or fit a known good battery .

Once you have it running do check the charge rate is correct - in case its not a battery issue but a charging system issue. You should see circa 14.6 volts running on the meter - If its 14.8/9 or higher - or 12 or lower, that then needs investigating as a probable cause of your issues -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.