AudiDoc
AudiDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Independent European garage owner. Over 20 years experience
14582033

I have a Audi a3 s-line 2009 model diesel, my girlfriend has

Customer Question

I have a Audi a3 s-line 2009 model diesel, my girlfriend has put £15petrol in it n then £61 of diesel 2make it up 2 a full tank, and its been fine now 4 three 2 four days! In that time we av only used under quarter of a tank..... And now it won't start!! Do u think its da petrol or another fault as b4 da petrol problem I hAve never had anything go wrong with this car
Category: Audi
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 4 years ago.
If there was petrol put into the tank, even if it was less than a gallon, there is likely damage to the fuel system of the car. The petrol will tend to float above the diesel, hence why the car ran for 3-4 days. Once the petrol was introduced, the car quit running. The entire fuel system will have to be drained and flushed. Very likely, the injector pump and injectors will have to be replaced. This car absolutely has to go an Audi garage for repair, as most general garages won't have the ability to repair this damage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you, would u know an estimated price 2fix the damage...
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, until some diagnostic work is done, it's impossible for me to determine the extent of damage done. It can range anywhere from a few hundred pounds to thousands, again, depending on condition of the fuel delivery parts when removed and inspected.