Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi I drove my q7 reasonably fast down a bumpy dirt track

Customer Question

I drove my q7 reasonably fast down a bumpy dirt track and as I pulled out onto the road my glow plug light was flashing and car became sluggish. I continued to drive aroun 300 metres, then switched engine off and restarted it. It started fine but I drove around 20 metres and the same happened with the glow plug light flashing. 300 meters later the engine cut out and will not start. It's turning over quickly and seems starved of fuel. Now if I keep turning it over dash says 'eps/abs fault'. Please help
Category: Audi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The Only thing one can do in this situation is to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool ,

The use of the scan tool will scan the system for all malfunction codes from these codes you will know what has malfunctioned and know where to start to repair this issue .

You could yourself do a visual check to see if anything has come lose ,remove the engine plastic cover and check all wiring harness etc.

If you have the car stuck on the road and need to move it disconnect the battery and touch the two cables together and reconnect and then try and drive ,this will clear all of the codes in the system and reset and may be able to drive until the management system encounters the faulty part and puts you back into limp mode .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg