David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

R Registration. Heating and Air con not working makes a noice

Customer Question

R Registration. Heating and Air con not working makes a noice on starting. the heating system will kick in after a while but when switched off and start it does not work. The air con just does not work - no warning lights flashing
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please try

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

Do you know which part the garage have said is at fault on your car please an d how much are they looking at charging you for it?

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Air condition part requires replacing and have suggested a second hand part

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Without knowing exactly which parts they want to replace it's hard to say but if it's anything like a compressor then a secondhand unit will come with little or no warranty. I have fitted various secondhand units and I've had a few fail quite soon after being fitted. The plus side of fitting new or reconditioned is that you get at least 12 months warranty with the parts.

If it's a control unit they want to replace then usually secondhand would be a good option as there is less to go wrong on these.

I would avoid main dealers for these sort of parts as there are plenty of companies out there that can supply the exact same parts at a fraction of the price.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave