Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Audi Cabriolet (98 model)roof won"t open electrically. Doors

Customer Question

My Audi Cabriolet (98 model)roof won"t open electrically. Doors closed, ignition and handbrake on - twist release handle and nothing. Windows remain up and hood does"t raise 2". switch off and insert key into manual release key hole and push up. Why doesn't it do it electrically?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry it's taken time to respond but works been manic this last week.

Ok. I've now solved the initial query as it was the sensor on the handbrake that had stuck in the down position so not releasing the hood by the manual key area.

The issue I now have is that the hood now goes up to where the storage shelf rises, as it mechanism releases the shelf raises 2" then stops. You can hear the pump trying to work but the shelf want go up to house the hood.

Manually I can store the hood but electronically it want go. Where does the problem lie??????????

Look forward to your reply

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for letting us know and for providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Do you have the window one switch open (you switch once, and the window opens all the way)? and if yes, if this feature working?
have you checked the hydraulic system in trunk, as it may lack fluid?
have you checked for any blown fuses?
have you checked under the rear seat, the roof control module, if it has water ingress, connectors are good etc..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Billy. Thanks for the first check sheet but all seem to be in good order apart from under the rear seat. Not sure how to lift it. In general the car looks dry all round with no signs of water.
Windows work, pump pumps parcel shelve releases but lid does raise.
After a manual open I've tried an electronic close but again the parser shelf releases but doesn't open???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I get an answer??????