David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

Ive just bought a 53 reg Audi TT DSG 3.2 V6 with 79,500 on

Customer Question

I've just bought a 53 reg Audi TT DSG 3.2 V6 with 79,500 on the clock,it has a 6 month warranty from the dealership but i realise its an 'old-ish' car what problems should i look out / plan for~?
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer

These are fairly reliable cars and the main issues that seem to come from them is a issue with the fuel gauges over reading how much fuel is in the tank. The fuel range is usually quite accurate so it's worth checking this against how much fuel the gauge says is in the tank, also the needle doesn't always return to the zero mark.

There have been some issues on the DSG gearboxes and there are not many parts available for the gearboxes which makes them expensive to repair or replace. I would make sure that the oil and filter on the gearbox has been changed as these very often get forgotten about along with the oil and filter on the Haldex unit on the rear Diff.

I hope that this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many Thanks for your help, should I get these looked at immediately?

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

I would first check your service book to see if any of the oil and filter changes have been done. They are usually due every 40,000miles.

The fuel gauge you can easily check yourself by having a quick look at where it reads with the igniton key removed. If it reads above the zero line then you have a problem with it. If it starts at the lowest point then the odds are that it's working ok.

Dave