Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hello, I have a problem with my 2005 audi a6 avant 3.0tdi

Customer Question

I have a problem with my 2005 audi a6 avant 3.0tdi Quattro, automatic.

When cruising at 60/70mph generally under some load I.e. towing or uphill, the car will go into limp mode. Not every time but when it does its extremely dangerous as car just sits at 50mph.

If you pull over turn off and restart car then it's fine.

Glow plug lamp flashes when it enters limp mode.

Audi dealer scanned it and said actuator was sticking, just needed lubricating apparently. But still does it. They said whole turbo would need replacing if it came back.

Car has done 85k miles.

Any further help appreciated.

Paul
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Paul,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes ok to wait

Hello Paul,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

if the turbo wastegate actuator was sticking then yes it would give you these symptoms

and the actuator can be replaced if thats the isse but what tends to happen is that the valve inside the turbo is the part that seizes up

So if this is the case then unfortunatly I'd have to agree with the dealer and say that replacing the tubo is the most cost effective option

but try this firm for a quote

http://www.turbotechnics.com/