Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Audi A3 S-Tronic problem

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Audi A3 S tronic gear. There seems to be a problem changing from 1st to 2nd, it seems to take an age for the automatic box to change up, when it does, it revs really high. It also happens from 2nd to 3rd. Mostly at junctions and round abouts. Its like the car doesnt know what to do. Any ideas?

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok i will continue to wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

do you have any warning lights on?
was the vehicle checked on diagnostics computer? and if yes, what are the fault codes?
was the transmission fluid checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Warning lights on at al. Gearbox oil recenly changed, car service around 1000 miles ago. I dont believe the car has had iagnostics check done on it yet. It just seems from medoum to hard acceleration that the gear box is laboured and not reactive.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

The first thing i would do, would be connecting the vehicle on to a diagnostics computer (VAGCOM), and take it for a ride, to make sure that the command from other computers (engine torque, speed etc..) are getting correctly to the transmission control unit, as if not, we would need to start checking the valve body solenoids and seals, and proceed accordingly.

Kindly get back to me with the results, so we proceed as necessary.

Regards, Billy