Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

i have audi a3 automatic 09 plate does not go into reverse

Customer Question

i have audi a3 automatic 09 plate does not go into reverse gear there is fault code
po 102 airflow
po701transmission control
what is the best thing do?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The P0102 (air flow) should not affect the reverse gear. However, the P0701 (transmission control) certainly would. This fault code indicates that you have a faulty control unit (transmission control unit). Accordingly, you need to check the transmission control unit plug (remove check the pins for corrosions, breaks etc...), refit and reprogram the control module.

If, having done that, wiring is good, and the problem persists, then i'm afraid you would need a new transmission control unit, in which case, you can contact bba-reman.com and ask if they can fix your own unit (would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one).

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy