dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

I have an 2.0 tdi a5 coupe s-line 2010 - have had problems

Customer Question

I have an 2.0 tdi a5 coupe s-line 2010 - have had problems with my B&O sound system for the past year - it just doesn't sound the same as it used to in the sense that the base is just not as powerful as it once was and even the loudness is now limited - particularly with my rear and even the surround speakers to some extent. II have taken the car to my local Audi garage 5 times with this problem - they changed the amp 7 months ago, since then they don't seem to think anything is wrong whereas I know clearly that the quality is just not what it was.....any ideas??
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shantal, many thanks for your reply - yes that's fine - do what you need to do to find out - I look forward to hearing from you - take care

Thank you for getting back to me, no further information is needed at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

I do have the same car myself and I am a technician

Have you actually listened to each speaker individually, also have you tried adjusting the base treble settings on the head unit you may have blown the subwoofer up is it just this speaker that sounds bad?

also I do know after owning my car for some time and playing loud music my ears get used to the sound and it seams more quiet

I look forward to your extra information

Many Thanks

Dan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your reply - apologies for my late response - I have just returned from a trip abroad.

I have listened to each speaker individually and I appreciate what you're saying about getting used to the sound, however I am certain there is something wrong with the system - there is minimal bass pumping out from the back which suggests as you say the sub woofer may have blown - if this is the case, how do you guys as mechanics test/check for this? Is it a case of simply listening to it or is it more technical than that? The reason I ask is because I'm not confident that the mechanics at my local audi garage know how to deal with the problem.

I also have another speaker towards the front right of the car which sounds distorted/cuts out every now n then - is there a way to check the speakers function without having to listen to them? Because as above - this problem may not occur when I take the car to the garage!!

If the subwoofer is found to have blown - what is the solution? My warranty runs out next month so I'm getting a bit worried.

I would be most grateful for Any suggestions you may have - many thanks, take care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.