David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

how much cost roughly should it cost for a timeing belt on

Customer Question

how much cost roughly should it cost for a timeing belt on a audi a4 1.6 2006?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

The timing belt should take about 2 and a half hours to do so it would depend on where you are thinking about taking your car. A main dealer would be charging you more than £100 per hour plus VAT. You could find a local independant garage and again these labour rates vary around the country between around £35 to £80 an hour plus VAT.

The cambelt kit itself would be around £50 to £100 depnding on if you go for a genuine kit or an after market kit.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave